Pages

What I've written thus far (Archive)

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fork In The Road

Does anybody know the feeling that you get, where you're so scared that you freeze up and do not know what to do? I feel that way right now. And I have for a while. I'm completely frozen; I do not know how to move forward (or even backward for that matter). 

Sometimes I wish other people could make decisions for me. Wouldn't that be simpler? But then I realize I'd hate that even more. After all, being educated gives you the right to opinions and questions.. it also liberates you. Unfortunately, with that freedom comes the perplexing task of decision making. Deciding whats best for you. That task is so daunting- because you realize "Oh shit, at the end of this all, the only person I'm going to have to blame... is myself." 


I don't know about you, but I don't want to end up hating myself. That's why I sit for hours staring into space, trying to make the best choice possible. When I'm stuck at a fork in the road, I have to weigh every single pro and con. You might tell me that I'm overthinking.. but I guess that's better than under-thinking, or not thinking at all. 

No comments: